Thanks for stopping by – we hope you find the answers here you are looking for. If you don’t, please leave a comment and someone will answer your question as soon as possible.
Other UVerse nerds: Feel free to become contributors to the site! We’re looking for a few more knowledgeable fiber-junkies to add to our wisdom base. Register on the form to the right and start writing right away!
Since Comcast is currently the leading cable provider of Television and Internet in the United States with over 23 million subscribers, they provide some of At&t U-Verse’s stiffest competition in many markets. Since many people require a step by step breakdown of why they would make a change in their buying habits and already have a love/hate (depends on who you ask) relationship with Comcast, here are the top 10 reasons I would recommend making the switch from Comcast to U-verse (I’ve used both extensively):
10. More reliable phone. Is Comcast really a phone company? Is $50 dollars a month for unlimited calling really a good deal when you can get U-Verse unlimited for $35 a month? With U-Verse’s battery backup and better compatibility with faxes/alarms it wins the battle hands down.
9. More HD Channels. Comcast’s ridiculous advertising of more HD choices is obnoxious when you actually do a count of how many HD channels they actually have available – 97 vs 138 for U-Verse in my area. Granted they both have all of the main channels, but I don’t like advertising that lies to me either
8. DVR remote programmability. Granted, this is a feature that I’ve only had to use once, but it was nice to know it was there. I appreciate the repeat-record feature which records every new episode of my favorite show without me having to ask it every time.
7. Karaoke right on the TV. Need i say more?
6. Ability to upgrade/downgrade right on the TV. This feature is awesome and allows you to forgo the need to talk to someone on the phone or figure out how to navigate online menus to make changes to your UVerse service.
5. Quicker channel changes. Comcast used to drive me CRAZY with the delays in changing channels. I suppose you can get used to it over time, but I never did. Having instant channel changes with UVerse is a godsend.
4. Multiview. This service is BA. I don’t use it all the time, but its fantastic on college football saturdays. I like being able to see what games are in commercials and be able to switch between them without any lag time (see above). This is a must-have feature for any sports fan.
3. Dedicated internet signal. Its nice to know that the speed that you pay for is what you will get. I used to run speedtests with Comcast internet and would get a range of 4 to 18 mbps depending on the time of day. Now with the UVerse Max internet I get 11.5-11.8 mbps ALL the time.
2. More hours of recording for DVR. I don’t know the exact specs on the Motorola DVR but I record quite a bit and am only at 60% of total capacity. I would’ve had to start deleting shows and games a long time ago on my Comcast DVR.
1. Total Home DVR. I have 3 TVs in the house. Living Room, Office and Bedroom. I love being able to watch my recordings in my bedroom before bed and also being able to program my DVR from the office. If I switch to any other television package in the future, it is going to HAVE to have this feature.
Thats my list folks. What’s your favorite UVerse feature?